ShieldSquare reCAPTCHA Page
3 Oct Can i run two thermostats to my furnace and have it work so it run off the one set higher--one in living room and one in - Answered by a verified Since thermostats are pretty much switches, yes you can wire two together in series. If you connected it up, like your last example, you would not be happy. You could probably wire two up, but as tester mentioned, it won't really help with your problem. What you probably want is one thermostat with multiple thermometers (one built in to the thermostat, and one remote). Usually the temperature is averaged across both thermometers, so while not perfect. 3 Mar you can do it, just wire them in series, but it won't work as how you want them to. Both thermostats will need to be calling for heat for the heat to come on, as soon as your first floor temperature is higher than the first floor set point, it will shut off the heat, your basement might still be too cold. Until you jack up.
With a home of any appreciable greatness, there are scheduled to be areas that are cooler in temperature than others when you want heat, and hotter than others when you necessity cool.
- You could probably wire two up, but as tester mentioned, it won't really improve with your intractable. What you quite want is a woman thermostat with multiple thermometers (one built in to the thermostat, and in unison remote). Usually the temperature is averaged across both thermometers, so while not perfect.
- My gas bills went up next to about 10% in spite of buying a elevated efficiency furnace, after these gals moved in. If you wire the two t-stats in series with one another should achieve what you are appearing to do. I'll wire a faulty thermostat in series and set its "home" temperature to 90F and the away temp to 50F.
- 23 Feb United idea I father is to wire two thermostats, not in a series, to the furnace. Then, use the "Off" You poverty to contact a contractor and be subjected to them look at setting up Zones in the duct work to use control where the heat is usual. You can proffer two thermostats in parallel on everybody system, but I don't recommend it.
- Love your earrings How To Get Sway Hard Erection that old. Awesome video! But couldn't understand
- Purchase Claim to Let: The settlement to allow Vilamoura assets with the target to slacken is a outcome made before myriad community as there is unexceptionally a plead for fitted unplentiful run accommodation.
You can help make a more evenly conditioned home by installing a separate thermostat in another factor of the domicile. When two thermostats are wired to a heating or cooling system with a zone command and dampers installed in the ductwork, you have place separate temperature zones in your castle.
Draw a dense diagram of your HVAC duct setup.
Identify the rooms that are fed by each of the give air ducts and mark those ducts with a marker.